Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Julie & Julia

YES I like the chick flicks OK! Don't judge me!!! I like Spongebob too, so there!

Anyway, totally cute. I love Amy Adams. And Meryl Streep is obviously a great actress (I mean, hello!, Death Becomes Her, She-Devil... ;) But they both did a great job. It made me wanna cook! ha... ya right.
They did a good job of making you like their characters.

However, the two men (their husbands) in this film were literally too good to be true. I swear right when I was thinking to myself "OMG the husbands are so sweet and supportive, no guy would..." Lis leans over "There's no men like that." Precisely!





My "Chi" Rating (3-3.5 of 5):

2 comments:

Nat Busichio said...

Never did I think under any circumstances did I think I would actually pay money to see this movie but I'm ashamed to admit I did that very thing last week. The movie was ok, I mean it was pretty much what I expected, but one thing did kind of bother me (actually several things bothered me, not the least of which was that I PAID TO SEE THIS). Was it me or didn't Amy Adams' character strike you as insane? I mean if I was one of her friends and showed up to her house and she was dressed like Julia Child and speaking in her voice there's no way I'd walk through that door. Of all the people in the world to be obsessed with Julia Child would rank somewhere near 759,000 on my list. I can't imagine how many times her husband thought to himself "what in the hell have I gotten myself into and how can I prove in court that she's insane so I don't have to pay alimony?" Can't wait for Julie & Julia part 2, Electric Boogaloo.

Michele said...

Wow Nat... you know this is a public site right?!?! Maybe you should put the Peach Pit pic back up so you don't get called out for seeing Julie & Julia. Did you at least go with a female?
You know, I must have supressed that feeling of "Damn this bitch is crazy" since I am a woman myself. By no means have I EVER done something that freaky. But I agree with you, that was pretty nutzo.
So what would Part 2 be about, Julie kills Julia and takes on her identity permanently? Creepy